Let me update you on the fishing............the snappers are abundant! The snapper season is only 2 months, so if you are interested in a charter trip, you better hurry. Chip's calendar is filling up. www.charterboat-missmary.com
Auction Results! Seven properties were up for auction this past Saturday.
- Large Gulf front home: SOLD for around $635,000. Very nice home, but on a pretty narrow part of the beach.
- Vacant lot : SOLD for $83,500 + 10% buyers premium. Great lot in a very nice neighborhood, a stone's throw to the water.
- Small gulf front cottage: High bid was $415,000. Sellers wouldn't accept.
- Vacant lot, beach side of Hwy 98: High bid was $130,000. Seller wouldn't accept.
- Large brick home on 5 acres (the Parker Estate), north side of Hwy 98. : Opening bid was $500,000, no other bids: sellers wouldn't accept.
- Commercial building on Hwy 98: High bid was $290,000. Seller is considering accepting.
- Older, but well maintained home on the north side, great neighborhood, stone's throw to the water, was put under contract before the auction.
The market in Mexico Beach for the last 7 days.
4 properties were put under contract.
- Two townhouses about a mile from the beach: (The Palms). A 3bd/2bath listed at $145,000 and a 4bd/2 bth listed at $149,000. Both are short sales. (the owner owes more than that)
- A 2 story older home on 2 lots, 2nd block to the beach. A lot of character but a little bit of a funky layout. Listed at $299,000. Short sale.
- The Windmark Beach Foreclosure: Over 2,000 sq ft, built in 2005, walkable to pool and beach. Listed at $435,900.
Negotiations on a couple of other properties today!
Cape San Blas
4 properties under contract.
- Two Barrier Dunes townhouses (Great vacation resort just before the state park at the cape) a 2bd/2.5 bath listed at $218,000 and a 5bd/3 bth listed at $299,900 (short sale)
- Gulf front townhouse (gulf front, but a scary gulf front to me-----high erosion area). listed at $229,000. short sale.
- Bay Front house with almost 2,000 sq ft. Listed at $499,000 as a short sale.
Port St. Joe had a lot of activity this past week! FIVE properties put under contract.
- Two real fixer uppers: One in Port St. Joe with about 1,200 sq ft listed at $75,000, one in Highland view, built in 1958, listed at $59,900
- A cool looking home that's been renovated, almost 2,000 sq ft, listed at $159,000. short sale.
- A newer townhouse with about 1800 sq ft, 3bd/3 bath listed at $179,000
- An older home close to the bay with a good size lot, some updating needed, listed at $186,900. Foreclosure.
Interest rates rose a little last week to just over 5%. I think they will continue to rise from here on out...........................prices down, interest rates still low but on the rise.......hmmmmmmm.....
Please don't forget to check out my calendar of local events---movies in the park, salt air farmer's market...........
Have a great week! Don't hesitate to call or email if you have any questions about the area or real estate!
If you are seriously looking to purchase this year, please contact me right away if you haven't already--the good deals are going!