Monday, October 19, 2009

Mexico Beach Florida

Wow, a chilly weekend! It was 43 degrees yesterday morning when going to church! Yikes! I was ready for FALL WEATHER not winter weather.
It much better today--gorgeous in fact. 71 degrees right now at 4:00, not a cloud in the sky and the water is slick calm! It could stay this way all winter and I'd think I was in heaven!!!
______________________________-

As for Real estate: MLS (the Realtor database of listings) was extremely slow last week. Still lots of people looking just not a lot of new listings or properties going under contract.

I do know there were quite a few offers going back and forth last week, low offers, and the sellers were coming back at reasonable prices but the buyers were wanting even better deals!

There comes a point where sellers will not go any lower. Not every seller HAS to sell.

I certainly don't mind, in fact I encourage, buyers to start low. But everybody should expect that in this kind of market. Sellers shouldn't get their feelings hurt at these low offers and buyers shouldn't be offended when sellers don't accept their low offers.

AND PLEASE, DON'T BLAME ME! I can only advise, I CAN'T MAKE SOMEONE SELL!

Sometimes you might hit a seller just at the right time to get that screaming deal. You just never know until you try though!!!!!!
_________________________________________

I think there are some great deals out there: $200,000 for a 2,000 sq ft home in a residential neighborhood, $900,000 for a LARGER GORGEOUS move in ready home with a pool and water view, around $100,000 for a really nice double wide mobile just a few blocks to the beach, little ranch home in a great neighborhood a couple blocks to the beach for $170,000....need I go on?
If any of these properties sound interesting--let me know and I'll send details!!!
_________________________________________

Don't forget about the auction November 7th. Two larger homes (on one lot) that are classified as a duplex, beach side of Hwy 98. They need some work but are on the vacation rental market now so definitely livable. An unusual property--which always puts it at the top of my list!!

Also beachside vacant property. A gulf front lot (140 ft on the water)and 1st tier right behind it. I think you can get this for a really good price.

If you want details, just let me know. You can always make offers before the auction!!!
_________________________________________

The Art and Wine festival was last Saturday, a great turn out with awesome artists!!

This Friday will be the BOW WOW BASH at WINDMARK BEACH.
Food from the School of Fish restaurant, Both silent and live auctions with fantastic items. and lots of fun! $30 PER PERSON OR A TABLE OF 10 FOR $250. All proceeds will benefit the St. Joseph's humane society.
There's also a 5K run Saturday! Let me know if you want more info!!
________________________________________

Have a great week, and please don't hesitate to call me with any questions. Remember, I literally work 24/7. It always tickles me when people ask me if I work on the weekends. YES, I WORK WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, WEEK DAYS, EVENINGS..............

My words of wisdom this week: There are three kinds of people in the world—those who don't know what's happening, those who watch what's happening, and those who make things happen.

Mary
850-896-5222
www.maryblackburn.com
sundance realty
Mary Blackburn on Facebook

No comments: