Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy 2010

Wow, 2010 is making an unbelievably brutal entry!  

Nighttime temperatures BELOW 30 degrees!  We've had an occasional 29-30 degrees overnight throughout the years, however, I don't ever recall it being that low for several nights in a row.  These overnight temps are predicted for the rest of the week.    I'm not liking it either!

Of course, I could be in Michigan or Colorado.  Or I could be in Erie, Pennsylvania where their HIGH for the day is lower than our LOW for the night!   I believe I'd die!

I've attached a graph of the average temps for Mexico Beach, not to make anybody feel any worse but........
________________________________________________________________

On the real estate front..........

First of all, I'd like to thank all my customers who helped my have another successful year!  I have been graciously blessed and have actually sold twice as much as in 2008!    Many Realtors have had to take other jobs to support their families, many have had to quit real estate altogether, some have even had to move from the area.  I feel very fortunate to be able to make a good living doing something I love!   So, a big shout out to all my customers!!!!

It has been extremely busy since Christmas.   Lots of lookers, many contracts being written and negotiated!!!   I keep spouting the same mantra but....low prices = more sales!     Low prices + low interest rates + motivated buyers + large inventory = EXCEPTIONAL TIME TO BUY!

We are basically back to 2001-2002 pricing.  

I am sending out my monthly newsletter Tuesday (tomorrow) morning.  I give brief overview of the real estate for Mexico Beach, St. Joe Beach, Windmark Beach for the entire year.   If you are not on my database for the newsletter, just simply email me a request and I'll get it to you!
_________________________________________________________________

Not a lot of events going on in the area for January.  Guess we are all just keeping warm!
__________________________________________________________________

We do have a new restaurant open in Mexico Beach though.   Foodies opened January 1.  They are located on 40th Street, beach side.

Opening Hours - Will Change during season

Sunday 7am-2p.m. (Breakfast and Lunch)

Monday Closed

Tuesday 6am-2p.m. (Breakfast and Lunch)

Wednesday 6a.m.-2p.m. (Breakfast and Lunch)

Thursday 6a.m.-9p.m. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)

Friday 6a.m.-9p.m. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)

Saturday 6a.m.-9p.m. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)

 They will be serving breakfast and daily hot meal special consisting of an entree, two sides and bread for lunch at $5.99, dinner for $8.99up. Examples of daily specials include fried chicken, rotisserie or baked chicken, homemade meatloaf, pastas, Jerry's wonderful homemade macaroni and cheese, real mashed potatoes, rice and gravy, vegetables and vegetable casseroles. Other daily features include handbreaded chicken tenders, delicious wings with a variety of sauce choices, fresh (not frozen) hamburgers, sub and sandwich station, and great salads.
_________________________________________________________________

On the fishing front............................
Don't forget to keep up with www.unitedwefish.blogspot.com
We are marching on Washington February 24th to show Washington, we just aren't going to take this sitting down!   If they shut down the fishing here, as they did on the east coast----we are ALL  affected.   If you don't fish, I'll bet you know someone who does.   Or I'll bet you know someone who has a boat, or someone who likes to eat seafood.......
We need to get as many people to participate in this march on Washington as possible. 
We are trying to get several bus loads from the panhandle, so let me know if interested!!!
_______________________________________________________________________

Have a wonderful week and don't forget......."Wishing will never be a substitute for prayer" (Ed Cole)

Don't hesitate to contact me anytime with any questions about real estate in the beaches area!
Mary
850-896-5222
www.maryblackburn.com
Mexico Beach Fl Real Estate on Facebook


Posted via email from Mary Blackburn in Mexico Beach, FL

No comments: