Sunday, April 25, 2010

April coming to an end in Mexico Beach Florida

Quite a bit of real estate activity last week in the Mexico Beach to St. Joe Beach area.

Three properties (probably 4 by tomorrow) put under contract.

Five properties actually closed last week.

Out at the Cape, it wasn't quite as busy, as two properties were put under contract and zero closings.

In the town of Port St. Joe, four properties were put under contract and one closed.

Just to clarify:  When I say 'UNDER CONTRACT', that means there is an accepted offer on the property, 'CLOSED' means the property has sold and transferred ownership.  The typical time frame between putting a property under contract and closing is 30-45 days, unless its a short sale.  

Short sales can take anywhere from 2 months to a year to actually close out!!!
_______________________________________________________________

I'll be putting out my newsletter next week to give specific stats but.....2010 so far has been booming!    Many more sales and now less inventory than a year ago----and of course sales prices down as well.    It's a matter of supply and demand that determines pricing.   With less inventory, sellers can hold out for a little more.  I'm talking residential right now.   As for vacant land--the inventory is still huge and prices are still dropping to attract attention from buyers. 

It is such a great time to build if you have the time/patience/ability to do so.  Land prices are down as well as construction costs!

If you are not yet receiving my newsletter, you can sign up on my website, www.maryblackburn.com or just send me an email.
_____________________________________________________________

Please check out the calendar of events on my website---lots of great things to do!   If you know of any event that I neglected PLEASE, send me an email with the information and I'll be more than happy to add it!!

Mexico Beach just had its annual beach triathalon----I'll be posting some information and pictures when I get them!   Always a huge and much anticipated event here!   There will be another one this fall----so start training!
_____________________________________________________________

The fishing report!  
The spanish are hit and miss!    There is a reported school of Cobia (ling) out there but their a little picky and are proving hard to catch!   

Of course, there are tons of snappers but you still can't keep them---the season opens in June!     You still need to go out pretty deep for grouper and good luck getting past the snapper!!!

If you want more detailed information call my husband (I really know very little, I just report what I overhear all the fisherman talking about.
www.charterboat-missmary.com
_____________________________________________________________

Have a great week!   
Please don't hesitate to call me anytime as I pretty much work 24/7!!
Mary
850-896-5222
www.maryblackburn.com
Sundance Realty


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5059 (20100425) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Posted via email from Mary Blackburn in Mexico Beach, FL

No comments: