The Art and Wine festival is this weekend! One of our best events----great art, music, food all on the beach! Festivals don't get any better than this!!!
Don't forget that snapper season has been extended for the weekends--Friday, Saturday, Sunday through October and most of November. They are still plentiful, so book your trip now!
As for real estate.............October has definitely been a little slower, however, 5 properties have been put under contract in the last 2 weeks and I know there are a couple still in negotiations! Click the link below to see what has just been put under contract:
Some interesting real estate facts for our market in Mexico Beach for 2010:
- When comparing the 3rd quarter of 2009 to this year's, the number of transactions is basically the SAME.
- Comparing the volume though it is DOWN about 33% ( $60 million vs. $40 million)
- Comparing the AVERAGE SALES PRICE: DOWN about 33% ($232k vs. $156K)
SO, YES, WE ARE DOING OUR JOB-----SELLING SELLING SELLING!
- There are only 26 distress sales (short sales/foreclosures) currently on the market. Certainly NOT the majority of our inventory!
- 17 out of the 23 residential properties currently under contract are short sales and foreclosures---so they are selling fast!
- We've SOLD 92 residential properties this year so far in Mexico Beach to St. Joe Beach and only 37 of them have been short sales or foreclosures.
Interest rates are still great--well under 5%! You will be required to put 20% down for a 2nd home or investment property though!
STILL A GREAT TIME TO BUY!
Let me know what you are interested in and I'll find it for you!
Have a fantastic week!