Friday, February 01, 2008

Happy February!

Does anyone out there listen to Dave Ramsey?
He is a multimillionaire who preaches being debt free. He's a christian and bases his advice on handling money from a christian perspective.
He has a show on Fox business and I am now addicted to watching him. He has empathy for those people who have fallen on tough financial times but he is hard as nails on the people who just squander money and have credit card debt up the yazoo!
His advice is hard but has really turned a lot of people around financially. He basically TEACHES how to handle money-----I believe the education system has missed the mark on this one as evidenced by the massive amounts of credit card debt in America.

How does this connect with real estate?
He was a Realtor at one time and has bought and sold, I'm sure, millions and millions of dollars worth of real estate.
I was watching him the other night and he was saying that now is a great time to be buying!!!!!
I wish I had a recording of that!!
He said with the low interest rates and the price reductions he is certainly going to be investing.
He also says "Do not buy unless you are going to be able to hang on to it for at least 5 years".
I have always said the same thing. Real estate is a great long term investment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's amazing to me how the mainstream media touts bad economy, recession, depression........
But the conditions for investing in real estate couldn't be any better---ask those that know!

______________________________________________________

Amendment 1 has passed with an overwhelming majority!

This new property tax amendment increases the homestead exemption to $50,000. Gives Florida homeowners homestead portabilty, puts a 10% cap on property taxes for investment property, gives business owners a $25,000 exemption on tangible property.

These are all good things, but just a start. There is a new push for further reform, which is sorely needed. The new focus is for 1.35% cap on all property taxes and for reform as to how property is assessed!!

If you are not on my email database for updates on this property tax issue, just send me a quick email and I'll pass along all the information I receive!

________________________________________________________

Let me just re-state----there are some awesome deals out there!

Give me a call or an email and let's do some business!!!

Have a fantastic weekend!!
Go to church on Sunday!
Mary

No comments: