Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Real Estate At The Beach

BRRRRRRR! We've had unusually cold weather last week-----okay, I can handle a day or two of chilly weather, I don't complain when I have to cover up my plants for a night once in awhile, But this is lasting tooooo long! It's supposed to be very cold every night this week!

When the high is only in the upper 40's ---its just too cold! However, I know its all relative. I showed property to a woman from Indiana over the weekend and although I thought it was COLD, she was in flip flops!

This morning, I saw two people walking on the beach, obviously from up north! It was in the mid 30's and the wind was really howling. So I guess I shouldn't complain. I've never had to scrape ice off my winshield!

_______________________________________________-

We are all showing quite a bit of property! This is encouraging. Not a lot of contracts but the first step is showing people around. There has been quite a surge of new customers finding out about the area and falling in love!

We've had 3 properties go under contract in January so far, all in Mexico Beach.
  • A beach side newer townhouse--listed at $343k and advertised as a short sale. I believe its going to sell for under $300,000. This townhouse was purchase pre-construction for $395,000 in 2005!
  • A single family home across from dedicated beach, so unobstructed gulf view. Listed at $550,000. I believe the selling price is not too far from the listing price. This will be a great profit for the sellers who are the original owners!
  • A gulf front condo, newer, fully furnished listed at $325,000. I believe this is selling pretty close to the list price as well! This condo was purchased pre-construction for $349,600 in 2006!
There are some negotiations going back and forth for some commercial property but no hard facts yet.

_____________________________________________________

Just to let you know, I've added a calendar to my website. The page is still under construction but you can access it. I am going to put all events scheduled for the area. I am going to include events in Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas, Apalachicola, St. George Island as well as Mexico Beach.

_________________________________________________

Congratulations to President Obama. I pray that he makes wise decisions for our country!

_________________________________________________

As always, have a fantastic week. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have ANY questions about buying or selling in Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas, Windmark Beach!

Mary
850-896-5222

No comments: