Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year From Mexico Beach Fl

So far so good in 2009! We've been blessed with 70+ degree weather for the last couple of weeks! We certainly can't complain about this winter weather!

__________________________________________________

For those of you who have asked---No, I haven't been whiting fishing yet! I've heard that you have to go when its sunny. They won't bite if overcast! So, of course, on the days where I have time to go, its been overcast!

Chip and I have also been suffering from this killer cold virus that's been going around the area.
A few days of low grade temperature, head congestion, chest congestion, tired........

We are about over it though! You sure appreciate feeling good after being sick for a while!!!

_______________________________________________________

I just sent out my monthly newsletter. If you didn't get it, its probably because its being blocked, so just let me know and I'll send it a different way!

I have some stats that compare prices from year to year in a pdf file. If you want that file, just let me know and I'll send it to you. I also have an updated list of foreclosures and short sales in the area---really only for the Mexico Beach/St. Joe Beach area. Not a lot of new foreclosures, but if you want that list, let me know!

It's really pretty interesting!

_______________________________________________________

We've had a lot of showings in the last couple of weeks. A lot of new people to the area as well as a few investors ! That is encouraging! Those falling interest rates are very attractive and
considering God isn't making any more coastline...............................................

_______________________________________________________

Lots are down to about 60-70K, mobile homes down to around 100K, single family's just under $200K.

Gulf front single family homes start at the list price of $750K ( but about 10% negotiable!!!!!).

Unobstructed gulf view homes are now starting at $329,000---compared to $420K a few years ago!!!

We can pretty much accomodate any price range now!!!

____________________________________________________

Interest rates are right around 5% now. Gas prices are about $1.65-1.75!
____________________________________________

February 14 is our annual Gumbo cook off in Mexico Beach. If you THINK you cook a good gumbo, this is the competition to enter!! Always a fun and delicious day in Mexico Beach.

_____________________________________________

Our local Express lane in Mexico Beach sold a winning Fantasy Five this weekend. I heard the payoff was $180,000. We don't know if the winner was a local or not! Will let you know when I find out!

_______________________________________________

As always, have a fantastic week and don't forget to pass my name out to anybody who might be interested in buying or selling in the area!

Mary
850-896-5222
www.maryblackburn.com

No comments: