Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wild Weather Mexico Beach Florida

Wow, looks as if everyone has been having some pretty wicked weather!

Friday and Saturday we were under tornado warnings. We had severe thunderstorms with winds up to about 50-60 mph!!!!


We really needed the rain, so I'm not complaining. The wind was a little much though.


Sunday was sunny but still windy and a little cool. There were some hardy souls laying out on the beach though!
_________________________________________



Not a lot of activity on MLS this past week.


A gulf front home with about 2,700 sq feet out on the cape went under contract. Listed at $799,000. Advertised as a short sale.


A mobile home on 2 lots in St. Joe Beach went under contract with a list price of $149,900.


A gulf front lot out on the cape went under contract with a list price of $450,000.


The only sale that closed last week was a small lot in Port St. Joe, 75 X 96, for $32,000.
________________________________________________


There have continued to be lots of showings though! We are finally showing some beach side townhouses and even a few condos. Most of the sales for the past year have been single family homes. Just recently have we had a renewed interest in beachside townhomes and condos.

Of course, we are just now entering our best selling season!

Investors are starting to enter the scene again, a sign that they feel we are at the bottom.
_______________________________________________


Banks are only lending 80% on a 2nd home now. Your credit score has to be in the high 700's.


If you are buying a primary home lending is still at 90-95% though!!!
______________________________________________


If you have any interest in the Tranquil Harbor, Canal front condos in Mexico Beach, just let me know. This is a brand new condo complex that is now bank owned. The bank is auctioning off 10 units at an absolute auction May 2nd. They have 2,3, 4 bedroom units each comes with a boat slip.

Let me know if interested and I'll send you all the information I have.

They, of course, are vacant and I can show them to you anytime!!!


There will be some gulf front lots out on the cape auctioned off at the same time. I'll be glad to send you that information as well!
_______________________________________________


In talking to an auction company (not the one auctioning off Tranquil Harbor) over the last week, I find it interesting that his company was no longer doing many "on-site" auctions. He said they rarely made any money because attendance was extremely low and buyers were only wanting to low ball!!!

His company has now gone almost exclusively to "on-line" auctions.


In a buyer's market, I think that you have to expect that buyers are only looking for a good deal!
___________________________________________________


Spring breaks have started and our traffic has picked up! We are just now entering into our best selling season. With the amount of traffic we've already had + the increased email inquiries over the last couple of months and people making plans to look at properties, I really think we are going to have a good season.
_________________________________________________


I'll be sending out my monthly newsletter toward the end of next week. I'll give you the monthly sales statistics as well as what I think are the best buys. If you are not on my email list, just send me a quick email and I'll add you. If you are on my list and have not received the newsletters, let me know. It may be I have to send it a different way!

________________________________________


Lots of events, activities coming up so keep an eye on my calendar.

Please don't hesitate to call/email me with any questions about the area and/or real estate!


Thanks for reading my blog!



Have a great week and remember.........................

"Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."



Mary

http://www.maryblackburn.com/

No comments: