Monday, August 03, 2009

The fishing is GREAT in Mexico Beach

Well, we finally did it! I went snapper fishing! I took along 5 other ladies and we caught our limit of snapper in no time + 2 beautiful mahi-mahi! We caught a handful of spanish as well. It was a great trip! We left at 6Am. the temperature was perfect!


I'll post more pictures next week!



Snapper season ends August 15th. I believe Chip still has a few days open...................www.charterboat-missmary.com 850-527-6272.

___________________________________________

The real estate activity continues! Lots and lots of buyers looking! Taking their time to find just the right thing though. Low offers are being thrown out all the time, some being worked out, some too low to work. I know the market is bad, but honestly, when you offer 50% of the listing price and the listing price is not too far from market value.........................that's just a little bit much!!!

15-20% off the list price is an okay offer to start if the list price is a little high. Some of the listing prices are being reduced to what we feel they will appraise, leaving little room for negotiation.

We are back to 2003-2004 pricing. I don't think we are going to go much lower! As much as people would like, I just don't have that crystal ball!!!_________________________________________

My monthly newsletter is coming out tomorrow. If you don't receive it and you want it, just send me your email and I'll put you on the database!

I also have an updated list of the foreclosures and short sales in the beaches area. Let me know and I can send that to you as well.

____________________________________________________

The MBARA kingfish tournament is the last Saturday in August! Captain's party is Friday night, fishing Saturday, weigh-in Saturday afternoon, Fish fry and awards ceremony Saturday night. It is a GREAT TIME! The captains party is becoming quite the annual event---check it out!!________________________________________

The scalloping has been pretty good in the bay-----from what I'm hearing they aren't real big, but plentiful.

Fred Buskens is making these little fiberglass boats, he calls them Seabiscuits. They weigh practically nothing and are great for pulling around the bay while scalloping. They are just for one person (maybe two) and are a wider than a kayak. You can throw them in the back of a truck for easy transport! I think they are about $800. They'd be great for just paddling around the creeks, inlets, rivers, bay! You can put a small motor on them if you want. He pretty much custom makes all his boats so you can have him design it the way you want. He sold all he had at the Scallop Festival this past weekend. Let me know if you want his number!!_______________________________________

Have a great week and remember:

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have".



Mary

850-896-5222

http://www.maryblackburn.com/

Sundance Realty









No comments: