Monday, September 21, 2009

Still Raining in Mexico Beach

I don't think I ever remember as much rain as we've had in the last couple of weeks! On the positive side though, I've seen some extraordinarily beautiful rainbows!!!!!

Well, it just makes us appreciate that sunshine even more!!!
_____________________________________

Above is a picture of a family enjoying their vacation in Mexico Beach! They borrowed the beach wheel chair that Sundance Realty will loan out to anyone in need for no charge! We are glad the Infingers were able to take Kandice to the beach!
_________________________________________

Let's get right to the market:

In Mexico Beach 3 properties were put under contract:


>3 bed/2.5 bath newer home in Waterside Cottages, gated subdivision, listed at $291,000. Bank owned.


>1 bed/1 bath ocatgon home walkable to the beach listed at $135,000


>Gulf front older 2 bed/2.5 bath townhouse listed at $340,000


We closed on 2 houses last week:


>3 bed/2 bath older home in St. Joe Beach on 2 lots sold for $185,000. About 3-4 blocks from the water. It was a short sale and took 5 months to close it out!


>3 bed/2 bath beautiful home in St. Joe Beach in a nice subdivision sold for $227,000.


http://www.rafsg.net/RAFSGReports/ListitLib/show_report.aspx?ID=G356320209


There are currently 25 properties STILL under contract in the area---many of these are short sales so it could be several more months for them to close out!


Although it has slowed down quite a bit there are still buyers looking!


There are some exceptional deals out there----let me know what you are looking for and I'll see if I can find it!!!!!
_________________________________________

I wish I could find someone to give me some insight into the banking industry! There was a short sale property listed and within a week was going to go into foreclosure. I had a full price offer. The seller's bank refused the offer without any kind of counter offer.
I see the property is back on the market now, bank owned and for LESS THAN MY OFFER. The bank has had to spend money completeling the foreclosure process, legal fees, they now have to keep the lawn cut, they are making some roof repairs, AND the commission is more.

Just doesn't make sense to me!!!!
__________________________________________

Short and sweet this week, but don't hesitate to call me with ANY questions!
Have a great week and remember "God's last name is not Dammit!"

Mary
850-896-5222
www.maryblackburn.com

No comments: