All our businessess need you, so THANKS FOR COMING!!! Last year with the oil spill, while we actually had no oil, it still kept people from coming, so all our visitor numbers were down. Looks as if we are making up for it this year though!
Tis the season for homeowners to have AC issues/ Plumbing issues so I just wanted to throw out some of the names and numbers I use---------Good guys that are dependable, reasonable, trustworthy!!
HVAC: Emerson Cooling and Heating: 850-229-9400 (office).
Plumbing: Plumb Handy: Chris Howell: 850-258-6155
BE SURE TO TELL THEM I SENT YOU!!!
Fishing report: There are tons of snapper out there, of course!! You can only catch 2 per person until mid July but you don't have to go far and you can catch them pretty quickly! Chip caught a big one trolling for kings the other day!!!!
The kings and spanish are a little spotty it seems. Chip has a shark fishing trip tomorrow afternoon, so I'll let you know how that goes next week!!
Chip has most of the weekends booked, but there are a lot of week days still available. He can take up to 6 passengers!
And the real estate report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Three closings so far in June: Click Here to go view all listings at once.
Six properties were put under contract last week, we are definitely still going strong!
Click Here to go view all listings at once.
Our inventory of properties is pretty low, so properties priced right are snapped up pretty quickly.
If you've been looking and have missed out on some properties that you would have loved to have----there are a couple of things you can do to get ready for the next one!
- Make sure you are familiar with the area, so when your Realtor (hopefully me) sends you a new listing you'll know where it is.
- If you are going to require financing, make sure you have your ducks in a row. Talk with a banker now so you know how much you can/want to afford.
- If you see a property you really like and you know its going to be gone before you can get here, you can always make an offer with a contingency of coming in the next few days to inspect it!
- Its always scary to make an offer sight unseen, but your Realtor (hopefully me) will go over and take all kinds of additional pictures/videos of what you have questions about!!!
And for the recreational part of my life (which is not nearly as often as I'd like)
Here's my little kayak rig! I just bought, about a month ago, a single wilderness ultra lite kayak!
Chip made me a little trailer so I can haul it where ever and when ever I get a couple of hours off!!! I've been to Wetappo Creek a couple of times----extremely peaceful! I've gone just along Mexico Beach one morning, before that afternoon breeze, and I've got plans for lots of other places when I get the chance!!!
If you are a kayaker and want to go sometime------give me a call!!!
Don't forget to check my calendar for events/festivities taking place in the month of June!
Have a great week and below are some words of wisdom we all need reminding of daily!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you have loved and made time to serve others.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."