Monday, February 27, 2012

Where is the sun in Florida???

Well, since my last blog I think it has rained EVERY SINGLE DAY!     I have lived here over 25 years and can't remember this many days in a row without sunshine.   I'm beginning to mildew!!! 


I'm really really really missing that sunshine!

That being said though......the real estate market is VERY SUNNY!!
Eight residential properties have been put under contract in the last week!!!    Click here to see.

I'm just hoping we aren't going to run completely out of properties to sell!!

While I don't think prices are going to escalate----with the inventory as low as it is....sellers may be able to hold to a price a little more!!!  

Interest rates are still unbelievably low....the last 3 loans I've done have been at 3.75% for 2nd homes!
_________________________________________

I've had a couple of people ask me what 'under contract' means so......let me just take a minute to explain this real estate lingo!

Under contract means an offer has been accepted by the seller and the transaction is progressing.  There may be some hoops the buyer has to jump through like financing, home inspection, survey...so there are some ways the deal can fall apart.     When you look on some websites these listing may still appear as active or 'contingent'.     If you are seriously interested, have your Realtor contact the listing agent and perhaps it would be worth putting in a back up offer.

A Back up offer is just a '2nd in line' contract if the first offer falls through for some reason.

Pending means the transaction is on its way to closing and there are no more hoops to jump through just waiting for the day for all parties involved to sign their documents!

_______________________________________________

If you are in the market to buy or sell.....don't hesitate to call me....and yes...I work weekends!
850-896-5222

Have a fantastic week!
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.   The 2nd is this: love your neighbor as yourself.  There is no greater command than these.
Mark 12:30-32

No comments: