Monday, December 08, 2008

Foreclosures in Mexico Beach

17 Days until Christmas!!!




I love seeing all the Christmas lights. If you haven't driven by the city park next to the El Governor, you must do it! Wiley at the El Gov does a fantastic job!!!

Of course, pictures don't do it justice!

__________________________________________________

I just sent out my newsletter for the month of December. If you are not receiving it, please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

If you no longer want to be on that list, send me an email as well and I will remove you from the list! I certainly don't want to pester anyone!!!!

I just took a quick look at the sales for all of 2008---about 25% of them were foreclosures, or short sales or distress sales!!! That's pretty huge for our little area!!!

We have about 15 foreclosures, pre-foreclosure, distress sales on the market right now. If you want an updated list, just let me know and I'll send you one.

Some of these properties are selling at 50% or more of what they were purchased for at the height of the market. The banks are really losing a lot of money!!!

I've blogged before about the foreclosure websites that you can sign up for to receive foreclosure notices. I'm not an advocate of those---why? I have not seen one yet that is really accurate.

For instance, they still list a house in Port St. Joe as a foreclosure, available for sale, that was sold at a courthouse auction several months ago!!! I also have seen a listing of a property on a foreclosure website in which THERE WAS NO MORTGAGE.

You can certainly use it for a reference, but don't rely on the accuracy. The banks are listing the properties with Realtors pretty quickly after the foreclosure takes place, so your best bet is to go ahead and just get updates from your Realtor!

________________________________________________

I find it interesting that Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) showed retail sales were up 7.2% over last year--------most are saying that's because people were taking advantage of the drastically discounted prices.

Sounds a lot like real estate, doesn't it!!!!!

__________________________________________________

Interest rates are down to 5.5% all over the place, even a tad lower. There has been a rumor that they may go down to 4.5% but most are saying there will be lots of restrictions on this rate.

Still, 5.5 % is pretty good!!!

____________________________________________________

Wow, have gas prices been falling!!! I paid $1.59 in Georgia yesterday!!!!! Man, that was nice!

Makes me want to take a road trip!!!!!

____________________________________________

I pray everyone has a happy, healthy, productive week! Be sure to enjoy the Christmas season this year. I know we get overwhelmed with the shopping, traffic, cooking, parties and such, but remember "Jesus is the reason for the season!!!"

I'll be working right up to Christmas Day, so don't hesitate to call if you are interested in buying or selling!!!!

Mary


No comments: