Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mexico Beach Florida

Tis the time of year to be prepared for any weather! 70 degrees one day, 40 the next! We've really had some unusually cold days for so early in the season, but Thank God it doesn't last long!

It's been snowing pretty constantly up north from what I hear!

_________________________________________________

I've told my husband I want to fish for whiting ---so I'll give you a report after we actually do it!

Most people assume that we eat a lot of fish because Chip has his charterboat business, but its actually the opposite. His paying customers get all the fish! He rarely has time to go fish for himself, therefore, we rarely have fresh fish for dinner. Sad but true. I've been fish hungry, therefore my request to just fish from the beach!!!

__________________________________________________

The El Governor is having a special---$50/night room. 850-648-5757. Gulf front hotel with pool/pool bar.

_____________________________________________________

Celebrate Safe, Celebrate Twice!!
Once again Mexico Beach will be running free shuttle busses on New Year’s Eve. This year, we will have three buses and they will be going from Port St. Joe, St. Joe Beach and Mexico Beach.
The stops will be:
Amanda’s Bistro
Fish House
Mango Marley’s
Ruby Runrunners
Toucan’s
EL Governor Motel
Lookout Lounge
The Haughty Heron
Thirsty Goat/Port Inn
The busses will be running from 8 PM ET – 3AM ET / 7 PM CT – 2 AM ET
Please stay safe!

_____________________________________________________

As for Real Estate:
There are going to be alot of people in town for the holidays and we are expecting to be pretty busy. I know that I have several groups of buyers coming this weekend and into next weekend!

I talked to a customer of mine this morning who is extremely optimistic about next spring. With lowered interest rates and declining prices, he feel there will be a lot of activity by spring! He has purchased and sold lots of real estate all over the world and watches things pretty closely!

Potential buyers are often astounded at the negotiating room that are often times built into the list price. Other areas, even Panama City, negotiate only a few thousand dollars. We, in Mexico Beach can negotiate several 10's of thousands of dollars and even 100's of thousands for those properties in the million dollar + range!

It's a shame that this is the case as it causes a lot of potential buyers to not even consider a property because it is listed way above their price range. Properties that are listed at the true market value are being shown and sold much quicker than those who are listing high "just in case" someone wants to overpay!!!!

____________________________________________________

Let's talk credit. We had someone come in the office the other day saying they have a 560 credit score. Not a very good score. They told us their lender said as soon as they get it to 580 they would qualify for a 90% loan! 580 is not a very good score either!!!! So, please don't think that banks aren't lending!!!!
Interest rates are right around 5-5.5% for investment properties and even lower for primary residences!

___________________________________________________

I have a few Mexico Beach 2009 Calendars left. If you want me to send you one just email/call me with your mailing address. They are nice calendars with local pictures taken by folks just like you----plus it has the local events listed as well.

There are not a lot of new listings on the foreclosures list, but I'll be glad to email that to you as well anytime you request. If you are not on my email list to receive new listings and such, send me a quick email, or give me a call and I'll put you on my list! If your wish list has changed or you are no longer interested in my emails, please let me know!!!!!

________________________________________________________

I pray everyone is enjoying the season! Please don't hesitate to call/email me anytime if you have any questions at all about property in this area. Feel free to pass my name, number, website out to all your friends--for I live by referrals!

Merry Christmas and remember the reason for the season!!!

No comments: