Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day from Mexico Beach Florida



I embarrassed to admit when I first think of Memorial Day, thoughts of the official kick off to summer is foremost on my mind.

But then, the real meaning of this holiday emerges. Thank you to all who HAVE served and ARE STILL serving in the military forces. Thank you to the families who HAVE sacrificed and suffered and ARE STILL sacrificing and suffering.



All of us are forever indebted to you for your service, for keeping America free and strong and the greatest nation in the world!



_______________________________



Our weather started out terrible this weekend, but I will tell you it can't be more perfect as I blog this morning!!!

It was great to see everybody on the beach this weekend!

_________________________________________



The sidewalk project is underway!

The sidewalks are going up fast on the west side of Mexico Beach. They look great and its fantastic to see people enjoying them already! The sidewalks are on the north side of Hwy 98 from 8th street west. I'm not exactly sure where they are going to end.



The city has had some opposition from homeowners on the east end of Mexico Beach. Some homeowners, across from dedicated beach, (From Toucan's eastward) have complained a little, so we are not sure if sidewalks will be built there.



Just a little bike etiquette for you......bike riders are not to ride on sidewalks. You are to ride WITH traffic on the road. I certainly wouldn't complain if you ride with small children though!



If you are enjoying the sidewalks, take the time to call the city and let them know. 850-648-5700!!

____________________________________________



As for real estate

Mexico Beach to St. Joe Beach:

Three properties were put under contract in the last week.


  • A little house about 4 miles from the beach on an acre, listed at $155,900

  • An older concrete block home on a large lot with gulf view, listed at $249,900

  • A gulf front older townhouse (fixer upper) listed at $299,000 (short sale)

Cape San Blas



  • 1st tier home with gulf view listed at $398,775 (short sale)

  • Newer house, 2006 and over 2,000 sq ft listed at $464,000

  • Newer, never lived in with almost 3,000 sq ft and private pool listed at $540,000 (bank owned)

I know that several offers are being negotiated as well!!


____________________________________________


I have updated the new foreclosure lists, so if you want that, just send me an email.


I can also send you information on the Auction June 6th. 7 properties, including 2 gulf front homes--not an absolute auction though---the seller must approve the price. I gave a brief description of all the properties being auctioned in my last blog (the 18th) but will certainly give you more detailed information if you request!!

__________________________________________

I'm proud to admit that I'm the 2nd top selling agent in Mexico Beach/St. Joe Beach this year! Giving all credit to God who continues to rain His grace down on me!!!!

Thank you to all my loyal buyers and sellers who trust me to help them with one of the most important decisions they'll make!

________________________________________

As always, have a great week. Please don't hesitate to call/email me anytime with any questions/concerns you have about real estate in this area.

Please continue to pray for our soldiers and sailors fighting for our freedom.

Mary

850-896-5222

www.maryblackburn.com


No comments: