We've had another gorgeous week of weather although still a little too windy for me to go fishing!
The kings and spanish are here though. I spoke to a friend who loaded up on kings at the buoy line!
As for the action in the real estate market this last week:
Mexico Beach/St. Joe Beach Sales:
- Newer, never lived in, 3bd/2bath townhouse about 1 mile from the beach sold for $137,000.
- Older mobile home in good condition just 2 blocks from the beach, 2bd/2bth for $110,000
I think both were excellent deals!!!!!
Only one property was officially placed under contract last week.
- Three bed/2 bath townhouse in the coveted Gulf Aire subdivision. Easy walk to the beach, good condition. Listed at $229,000. This is a short sale, so you can always put in another offer if interested!!!
I know of several offers being negotiated at the beach as we speak though.
We have really been busy!!! Alot of actual buyers putting escrow money down and making reasonable offers. Deals are being made!!!!
Port St. Joe
- No closings in the last week
- One single family 3bd/2bath older concrete block home put under contract. Listed at $119,000
Cape San Blas
- One closing: A bank owned house with 3,400 sq ft. Short walk to the beach. Sold at $545,000
- One Gulf Front, bank owned property was put under contract. Listed at $449,900. This house was under construction when foreclosed upon so it needed to be finished out.
There is ANOTHER auction coming up in Mexico Beach.
I'm sure you can tell I'm not a huge fan of auctions. The buyer has to add a 10% buyers premium on top of their winning bid. The seller has to pay some up front fees to even have the auction. I just think that a seller would be able to actually make more money if they just put it with a Realtor at a reasonable market value. Buyers, as we have seen, are at auctions to get a great deal. The last several auctions we've seen here have not been all that successful!
However, June 6th is the day. The properties that are being auctioned are:
- 2 gulf front homes
- A 5.5 acre parcel with a 2,664 sq ft colonial type home just a short walk to the beach.
- A 3 bed/1.5 bath home just 1/2 block from the water. With a guest cottage as well.
- A vacant lot beach side.
- A vacant lot 1/2 block from the water---sold at absolute!
- A commercial building on Hwy 98
If you want more information, let me know and I'll send you all the details!!!!
I will have my newsletter out this week. I apologize for being late but I'VE BEEN BUSY!!!
Please don't hesitate to call/email me with any questions about the real estate market here in Mexico Beach to Cape San Blas.
Have a great week!