Of course, you could be in Michigan with 32 degrees this morning! (and to those of you who are, I'm sorry!!!!!!)
Believe me it makes me thank God everyday for being able to live here!!
One of the hardest things to overcome with new buyers is the fact that our home values are above the "norm". They have a 3,000 sq ft brick home and they paid less than $200,000 for it back in their hometown. Well, as another saying goes "you have to pay to play!!" Or as another person put it you just have to budget in this "beach tax!"
It's worth downsizing and changing your "standard" of living to be able to live at the beach!
As for the real estate market:
Mexico Beach/St. Joe Beach
- One house has been put under contract in the last week. It is the premier home in Mexico Beach though! Listed at $1.4 million it is a gorgeous, custom built home with over 4,000 sq feet, in-ground pool, enclosed garage and fantastic gulf view!
There are several contracts being negotiated though!!
There have been 3 sales:
- Half duplex, beach side, adorable and furnished sold for $186,500 with seller financing.
- Large home with screened in pool selling for $290,000. Established subdivision and several blocks off the beach.
- A vacant lot in a subdivision, 1/4 mile at the most to the beach, sold for $46,000.
Port St. Joe has put one home under contract.
- It also is a builder's house. Gorgeous with over 3,000 sq feet and an in-ground pool. Listed at $499,000 (see what I mean about "paying" to be at the beach, look at the price differential between these two properties!). This is a short sale.
Cape San Blas has put 5 properties under contract in the last week:
- 3,000 sq ft newer home with private pool, water view, listed at $499,900. Short sale
- 3,000 sq ft newer home with private pool, water view, listed at $450,900. bank owned
- 3,295 sq ft home GULF FRONT, but not finished inside, listed at $449,000. bank owned
- 1,634 sq ft home, 1ST TIER, with great water view, private pool, listed at $585,000. Bank owned.
- 4,100 sq foot home with gulf view, private pool, listed at $629,000.
The Cape has had one closing:
- A bay front home with 2,400 sq ft selling for $425,000
If you want information about the Auction June 6th, let me know. 7 properties are being auctioned off, only one vacant lot being sold regardless of price, the rest have a reserve that needs to be met.
The 7 properties:
- 2 gulf front homes
- one house about 1/2 block from the water, north side of Hwy 98
- one vacant lot beach side of Hwy 98
- one vacant lot less than 1/2 block from the water, north side of Hwy 98
- one commercial building on Hwy 98
- one large colonial residential home with over 5 acres one block from the water, north side of hwy 98
I'll be glad to send more information at your request!
I almost forgot the fishing report!
Spanish and king mackeral are running!
I pray you have a blessed week!
Don't hesitate to call/email me anytime if you have any questions at all about real estate in this area!
We've been busy, don't miss out if you are in the market to buy!!!