Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving from Mexico Beach

I pray everybody has a family filled, fun filled, food filled and blessed Thanksgiving!!!
We always need to be reminded of how fortunate and blessed we are, so I hope we all spend the day counting our blessings and being thankful for each and every one of them!
_____________________________________

One of my blessings is LIVING IN MEXICO BEACH!   My husband drove up to Atlanta this weekend--came back severely stressed out!!!    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Atlanta I'm just saying we are soooooo spoiled down here-------no traffic, much less 6 lanes of 70 -80 mph traffic!!! 
_______________________________________

On the real estate front-------its actually been pretty busy!    Five residential properties went under contract so far and I know there are at least 3 offers being negotiated and probably quite a few more than that!!

Again, multiple offers on several properties.     It's amazing how a property can be on the market for quite a while with no activity and then all of a sudden multiple offers!!!!     I've got a couple of mortgages locked in at 4.125% for investment properties---so its no wonder we are busy!!
_________________________________________

If I may, let me ask everybody for a favor!!!    I know I've blogged about this before but it bears repeating.
Realtors make their living by selling real estate.  We only get paid when we close a deal.   Its a very tough and competitive business.   I just recently had someone respond to one of my emails---she's been on my database for a long time---who said they are also getting information from other Realtors in the area.   

I spend a lot of time searching MLS, gathering information, and sending out emails to the individuals on my database.   I really think its important to find and remain loyal to ONE Realtor.    That doesn't mean stick with that Realtor no matter what----if you aren't happy with their performance then certainly choose another, but if they are doing what you requested, if they are keeping you informed of properties as they come on the market, if they respond to all your questions then please give them the courtesy of using them when you want to go look and make offers.  

This goes for Realtors in the same office, as well.   Sally and I are the sales agents for Sundance Realty.  We each have our own customers, we do not share customers----why?   'cuz we do not share commissions!

I know I work very hard for my customers.   There's nothing more disappointing then finding out someone you've been keeping updated on the market for a long time has decided to look at a property with another Realtor simply because they were the listing agent.    Doesn't matter who the listing agent is---I can help you with any property on the market!

Thanks for listening!!!
____________________________________________

GOLF CART CHRISTMAS PARADE

We are having our 2nd annual golf cart christmas parade on December 5th.   This will be part of our Christmas tree lighting.   Santa will be there for pictures, the golf carts will be decorated, Christmas carolers will be singing---and the Christmas tree will be lit!    Wiley from the El Governor does an absolutely fantastic job decorating Sunset Park. 

If you have a golf cart and want to be in the parade, let me know and I'll email you the rules and regs and a registration form!!!!  

It really is a good time.   The golf carts were beautiful, hysterical, musical, creative........come be a part of it!!!

________________________________________

Have a great Thanksgiving!
I will be working this weekend, so don't hesitate to call!
Mary
850-896-5222
http://www.maryblackburn.com/
sundance realty

No comments: