Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving from Mexico Beach,Florida

It's 61 degrees, sunny and I'm looking at the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico! I am so THANKFUL for that! I remember many Thanksgiving days waking up in Pennsylvania with snow on the ground!!!


I have been tremendously blessed with family, friends, health, and God's saving grace that I could write pages of things I am thankful for. Suffice it to say, I am humbled for all the blessings I have and thank my God for each and every one of them.
____________________________________

Mexico Beach had it's official groundbreaking for the new boat ramp! We are really excited about this as it will take the boating traffic off Hwy 98 and provide much more room for boat launching. It is tentatively set for completion by April!!!
______________________________________

Mexico Beach is going to have its Christmas Tree lighting December 6th. We are going to have the FIRST EVER golf cart parade from City Hall to the the tree lighting at Sunset park. Get your golf carts decorated and come join!!! You have to register to do so (requested by the City of Mexico Beach Police) so let me know if you are interested and I'll get you the information!

___________________________________

Real Estate:

Activity has definitely slowed down, which is typical this time of year.

Only one property was put under contract last week.

  • A beach side single family home, 1500+ sq ft Listed at $275,000. I'm going to assume it needs work.

Two closings last week:

  • Two vacant lots in the 2nd block to the beach. 75 X 187, one sold for $50,000 and one sold for $55,500. Both were short sales.

__________________________________

We know have 23 residential properties under contract in Mexico Beach to St. Joe Beach.

  • 12 are short sales
  • 5 are bank owned properties
  • 6 are regular transactions

Short sales are time consuming and frustrating. The seller has to provide lots of financial documentation. The realtor has to spend countless hours every week, calling and faxing. The buyer------you just have to be very patient!!!!

____________________________________

As for the deals on the market. We used to get calls saying, "what can we buy for $150,000" and our answer was "a vacant lot". Now you can actually get a house for $150,000! You can get a nice house for $200,000!!

It might need work, it might be small, but IT'S AT THE BEACH!!!

Whatever your price range, just send me a quick email with your "wish list" and I'll find you something!!!!

______________________________________

I will be working this week so don't hesitate to call!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving,

Mary

850-896-5222

www.maryblackburn.com

Sundance Realty

No comments: