Monday, November 30, 2009

Short Sales and Foreclosures in Mexico Beach, Florida

I trust everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving---counting your blessings, eating turkey and pumpkin pie!!!

Only 24 shopping days left!    Where in the world did 2009 go?    Time really does fly when you get a little older-----please notice I said "a little" older!!!

I love seeing the Christmas lights go up.   I admit, I will get a little sentimental this time of year as I think about SNOW!    Of course, not enough to move back up north but............

We've had some awesome weather so far---mid 70's today!!!    
_____________________________________

The fishing report!    Chip went grouper fishing the other day and guess what?   He caught all kinds of SNAPPER!!!   In fact, it was difficult to get to the grouper because there was so many snapper.   Snapper season is over and he had to throw all of them back!   This is the same fish the government is trying to put MORE restrictions on!!!  

If you are not familiar with the new proposed fishing regulations the government is trying to pass check out  http://unitedwefish.blogspot.com/
This website will keep you informed!!!   

The government tried to shorten the oyster season as well but because of YOUR voice and opposition, they postponed that regulation.  You can make the same impact on the recreational fishing regulations as well!

Chip did catch 3 grouper though!!!

____________________________________________

On the real estate front:

Amazingly the week of Thanksgiving was pretty busy-----lots of showings, quite a few offers being negotiated, one definitely accepted.
236478 - Details: 313 BEACON RD, PORT ST. JOE, FL - $269,000

For those of you interested only in short sales or foreclosures, below is the link to all in the beaches area of Mexico Beach to St. Joe Beach.
Short sales and foreclosures

Most of these are good deals---you just have to take a chance, make an offer and be patient!!!

There are just as many listings that are not short sales or foreclosures that will be good deals if people would just make offers!!!! 

I've had a couple of buyers recently miss out on a property they wanted because they didn't want to make an offer at what they were willing to pay, afraid it would offend the seller. 
The property is now under contract at the very same price they were GOING to offer.

Houses are selling---rates are still low---as low as 4.78%---sellers are motivated!!!!   

Not all sellers are motivated, not all HAVE to sell, but you never know which ones are ready until you try!!!

__________________________________________

I'll be sending out my monthly newsletter the end of this week---if you are not on my email list for the newsletter, just send me a quick email and I'll add you.   I'll give you the recent real estate stats as well as give you my choices of the best buys. 

Don't forget to check out my website:  www.maryblackburn.com  for the Christmas events for the area.

Also, check back on Wednesday for my new "What you can get for the money" game.  I'll post a picture of a house and YOU can guess the price.  There is a cheap little prize for winning!!!    You win if you are the closest to the actual listing price without going over.

I'll let you know who won on Friday!!!
_____________________________________________

If you have a golf cart PLEASE decorate it for Christmas and ride with us in the FIRST ANNUAL GOLF CART CHRISTMAS PARADE!!!!
We will be riding from City Hall to Sunset Park December 6th----We'll watch the Christmas tree lighting and then return to City Hall.

If you are interested, you have to register, so email me and I'll send you the information, maryblackburn@mchsi.com


The Mexico Beach Christmas display at Sunset Park next to the El Governor is ALWAYS GREAT!!!!
Penguins is the theme this year!

Have a great week!!!    

Mary
850-896-5222
www.maryblackburn.com
Sundance Realty

Posted via email from Mary Blackburn in Mexico Beach, FL

No comments: