Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Happy October

Happy October from Mexico Beach, Florida!

Our weather has been beautiful! Cooler in the evenings and warming up nicely in the afternoon!
I love this time of year! It's so pleasant to work in the yard and walk on the beach and not sweat the entire time!!!

______________________________________________

I just sent out my monthly newsletter with the real estate stats for the month of September, so I am not going to reiterate, other than to say, its been slow!!!

My take on the market though----ITS GOING TO GET BETTER! Don't know when, but its going to!!!

________________________________________________

Fishing is good! Chip had a good box of grouper and snapper just a few days ago! And its sooooooo much more pleasant when its not so blasted hot!!!

________________________________________________

My take on the economic bail out: www.daveramsey.com

He proposes a plan called THE COMMON SENSE FIX. Can you imagine the government doing anything that exhibits common sense???

Anyway, check out Dave's plan.

Basically and in my own words:
#1. Insure those subprime mortgages. The lenders must re-write the mortgages to have a fixed rate. Hopefully, this will allow those homeowners to hold on!
#2. NO GOLDEN PARACHUTE FOR ANYONE!
#3. Remove Mark to Market accounting for awhile.
#4. REMOVE CAPITAL GAINS

Dave, of course, explains each of these propositions.
He also asks that we send this plan out to our senators and representatives (which I've already done this morning!)

________________________________________________

Again, I am asking for donations for the alzheimer's fund---my sisters and I are doing a walk to raise fund for research for this horrible, horrible disease. My dad suffered from this for many years.
If you can contribute, I will forever be grateful!
Her website, where you can download a form or transact it on line is
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=274342&lis=1&kntae274342=60DC390AC05848B3A0590EF42711B036&supId=232479789

________________________________________________

Lots of events going on in Mexico Beach and the surrounding areas for October. The Art and Wine Festival in Mexico Beach is October 18.
Golf tournament in Port st joe October 11, Octoberfest at Windmark Beach the same day.
Trick or treating downtown in PSJ on Halloween as well!!!

_________________________________________________

As always, go to church on Sunday, have a fabulous week and weekend and give me a call if I can be of any service to you!

Mary

No comments: