Monday, October 27, 2008

Home Sales up Nationwide!

I always like to update you on the weather as I know I have a lot of Northern readers!! This weekend we were in the mid 50's at night (freezing to me!) but warming up beautifully, high 70's, low 80's in the middle of the day! This week, however, its only supposed to get in the mid 60's during the day and mid 40's at night!! Yikes---takes me a while to get used to those COLD temps!!!!
This time of year, though, it changes weekly----could be back up in the 80's the following week! (I'm hoping!).

_____________________________________________________

Don't forget to turn your clocks BACK this coming Sunday, November 2.

I understand the rationale---school kids waiting for the bus in the dark-----but, man-0-man, I don't like it when it gets dark at 5:00 in the afternoon!!! I'm the type of person who requires a lot of sunlight! I think its time to go to bed when it gets dark!!!

________________________________________________________

As for real estate:
It seems that for the first time in 3 years, existing home sales in Florida rose 24% in September!!!! Of course, this is due to the declining prices. Florida's median sales price is $175,1,00, a year ago it was $224,700. The interesting thing is that in Sept of 2003, the median sale price was $158,800---meaning there has been a 10.3% INCREASE in that 5 year period. Proving my point that real estate is a LONG TERM INVESTMENT!!!! That being said, that is the case in a normal market. The year when we hit this "abnormal" high, selling old mobile homes for $300,000+ might be different. I'm not sure that you will have a normal rate of appreciation in 5 years in that case, maybe 10 years???

I will have more stats on the local real estate sales in my newsletter which I will be sending out next week. I can tell you that we are pretty much in line with the state wide stats though.

_____________________________________________________

The Appalachicola Seafood Festival is this weekend. www.floridaseafoodfestival.com
Port St. Joe has its downtown trick or treating this Friday. It's sooooo much fun to see all the kids in their costumes!

_____________________________________________________

I pray everyone has a wonderful week. Don't forget to vote November 2nd!

Mary

No comments: