Monday, January 31, 2011

A Cold January in Mexico Beach,Fl

We, like everyone else, have experienced a colder than average January but as much as it pains me to say this................at least we didn't have snow!!

It warmed up beautifully this past weekend, sun shining!    We are anticipating some rain this week though!
_______________________________________

Pretty dull week in real estate last week!   I imagine everyone was dealing with the effects of the weather!

Nothing new went under contract last week and there were only 2 closings in the Mexico Beach to St. Joe Beach area.  
Residential closing
Lot closing


I'll be sending out my monthly newsletter this week.  I give an overview and analysis of the past month in real estate as well as the deals, foreclosures and other interesting properties.   If you want to be included in that database and aren't yet, send me an email!!   maryblackburn@mchsi.com
________________________

Several new listings came on the market last week, which is great since our inventory is really low right now!!
New listings

My favorite would be the little house pictured below.  I love the neighborhood.  Easy walk to the beach, Sunset Park, Tennis courts and I think its priced pretty good  (159,900) although I'm sure there is wiggle room.   Its a short sale so all offers have to be approved by the seller's lender.  


If you want to take a look, send me an email or give me a call!!

___________________________________________

Don't forget to check out my calendar of events.   There are several Snowbird events planned----
The Biloxi Trip in February,  Snowbird Luncheon and Wakulla Trip in March.

If you want something to keep you busy during the week, check out the link below for weekly activities!

http://mexico-beach.com/calendar-of-events

Of course the much anticipated GUMBO COOK OFF is February 19.    Sundance Realty will be sponsoring a gumbo entry  AND my brother in law will be entering his famous BRUNSWICK STEW. 

Will be a delicious and fun time so plan on getting there early--I believe it starts around 10:00 cst. 
_______________________________________________

To close I just want to give you a few thoughts to ponder:

  •  If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea .....does that mean that one enjoys it?

  • There are three religious truths:


    a. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.


    b. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.


    c. Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store or Hooters.

 
  • If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?




      • Why do croutons come in airtight packages? Aren't they just stale bread to begin with?

      •  If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

      • I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks, so I wondered what do Chinese mothers use? Toothpicks?

      • If a cow laughed, would she spew milk out of her nose?

      No comments: