Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy 2011 from Mexico Beach Fl

I have the feeling 2011 is going to go by even faster than 2010!    I'm already at the end of day 3 and only finished half of my to-do list!!!
______________________________________

I survived ringing in the New Year!   Chip and I had a plan to take advantage of the Trolley and do a quick stop at some of our local establishments wishing friends and visitors a Happy New Year.  The plan was to make it quick and be back well before midnight----gotta get my beauty rest.   

We walked to Rustic Sands Campground where we were picked up soon by the trolley.  Chip and I made all of three riders.   We travelled to Mango Marley's and Ruby Rumrunners where we picked up about 20 young revelers obviously having a good time.  We then exited the trolley at the next stop, the El Governor.



We bought a beer, talked to a few friends, and caught the next trolley to the Look Out.


I'm not a frequent patron of the Look Out, in fact, its probably been years since I've actually been inside.  But we saw MANY many locals and had a great time socializing!!!    This is where our plan went awry.
We wanted to make one more stop at Regan's Oyster Bar, where we knew we would see many more old friends.   However, the trolley to transport us never came-------we waited, waited, and waited!!! 
After about 2 hours of waiting, Regan's was not looking as exciting as before.   A trolley came, headed in the direction of HOME and we got on!!!  

MADE IT HOME JUST IN TIME TO WATCH THE BALL DROP IN NYC--eastern time.

I did manage to have my 2 beers though---one while celebrating in central time zone and one in eastern time zone.

I still don't know what happened to the St. Joe Beach Trolley that night but............................we all had a good time!!!

I've got a few more pictures on my facebook page if you want to take a look.
___________________________________________________

Real estate definitely slowed down a little the last 3 weeks but amazingly, I believe its picking back up.

Lots of buyers.........the problem is actually the amount of inventory.  There just isn't a lot of move in ready single family homes on the market right now.  Buyers are also all about the price --- if its not priced right, they just aren't going to waste their time!  

If you know of anyone who is considering selling, please have them contact me, I'd love to help them do just that!!
______________________________________________

The real estate end of my blog is short and sweet this week because I'm sending out my bi-monthly newsletter with a lot more detailed information. 

Okay, I can check one more thing off my to do list for today!
____________________________________________

Have a great week and remember:
You can have anything you want in life if you just help enough other people get what they want.~Zig Ziglar


No comments: